I am an award-winning actress and writer who pretended to want a “real job” since the age of 14. The comedy series DOWN THE MIDDLE that I co-wrote, produced and star in wrapped the festival circuit and currently streams on YouTube. Me and my writing partner, Michelle Lee Barton, were happy to feature Tom Bergeron, James Lesure, Devin Kelley and Daniel Montgomery in this heartfelt comedy.
In my two critically acclaimed one-person shows, Unemployed. Finally. and Fertile I brought to life 50 distinct characters Both shows won the PRODUCERS’ ENCORE AWARD and were nominated for BEST SOLO PERFORMANCE at the Hollywood Fringe Festival in 2015 and 2019. Both shows were selected for the prestigious L.A WOMEN’S THEATRE FESTIVAL and were deemed BEST OF FEST at SOLOFEST, the largest solo theatre festival on the West Coast. The two shows were also selected to be part of UNITED SOLO, the largest solo festival in the world, on 42nd Street in NYC.
On the heels of my personal solo success, I started coaching for Soaring Solo Studios. I directed 5 shows that gathered 5 award nominations in the 2022 Hollywood Fringe Festival. One of the shows I directed and developed, Asexuality: A Solo Musical, won the TOP OF FRINGE and BEST PREMIERE. Currently, two solo shows that I directed in are headed to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland.
For my next chapter, I am bringing my love of storytelling and colorful characters to life with audiobook narration. I’m the voice of the mama bear fiercely protecting my loved ones. I’m the best friend gently talking you off the ledge – or nimbly getting you out of trouble. And I’m the last boisterous cheer on the way out the door at closing time.
Most importantly though, I am a thriving MS patient who loves good food, good wine and singing karaoke.
- It was when I played “Dorothy” in my dance recitals production of The Wizard of Oz that I knew I wanted to be a performer.
- I joined the U.S. Navy right out of high school, imagining this as an “easy” way to find money for college tuition.
- In my twenties I was a beat reporter for a small daily newspaper in Prescott, AZ writing for Arts & Entertainment, and later for education.
- By the age of 3, I had a pony by the name of Macaroni and by age 11 I was winning prize checks riding in the rodeo.
- WINNER! Producers’ Encore Awards, Hollywood Fringe Festival for one-woman dramedies, Unemployed. Finally. 2015 and Fertile 2019
- NOMINEE! Best Solo Performance, Hollywood Fringe Festival for Unemployed. Finally. 2015 and Fertile 2019
- NOMINEE! Performer of the Decade 2020, Broadway World Regional Awards
- SELECTED! Los Angeles Women’s Theatre Festival, Unemployed. Finally. 2017 and Fertile 2021
- SELECTED! United Solo, 42nd Street, NYC, Unemployed. Finally. 2015
- SELECTED! Best of Fest, Solofest, Unemployed. Finally. 2016 and Fertile 2020
- WINNER! Storyteller Award, Best Storytelling Award Fertile 2021, Big Sky Fringe Festival
Get in touch
If you are interested in collaborating with me on a project, or if you are interested in solo performance coaching, please don’t hesitate to reach out.